Ecommerce Philippines is fast-growing. The country is known to have a lot of shopping malls, so statistics predict that the projected growth for ecommerce in the Philippines is good.
Statista.com offers these highlights in the Philippines ecommerce market:
- Revenue in the “e-Commerce” market amounts to US$1,013m in 2017.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2017-2021) of 17.3 % resulting in a market volume of US$2,345m in 2021.
- The market’s largest segment is the segment “Electronics & Media” with a market volume of US$544m in 2017.
- User penetration is at 49.8 % in 2017 and is expected to hit 65.6 % in 2021.
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) currently amounts to US$35.97.
The “e-Commerce” market is expected to show a revenue growth of 20.4 % in 2018.
User penetration in the “e-Commerce” market is at 49.8 % in 2017.
The average revenue per user (ARPU) in the “e-Commerce” market amounts to US$35.97 in 2017.
Global Comparison – Revenue
This is in million US$ in 2017
With a market volume of US$376,175m in 2017, most revenue is generated in China.
User by Age Groups
In the “e-Commerce” market, there are 11.1m users in the 25-34 age group in 2017.
User by Age Groups and Gender
In the “e-Commerce” market, the user base can be segmented by age- and gender-specific characteristics as shown on the right.
User by Age Groups and Income Split
The total user base of the “e-Commerce” market in 2017 can be segmented into groups of different income levels depending on the age-specific characteristics as shown in the chart.
Are you looking for a quality ecommerce developer Philippines that you can depend on 24/7? Contact us now!
Statista. Ecommerce Philippines. https://www.statista.com/outlook/243/123/e-commerce/philippines#. Accessed Jan 20, 2017.